Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pieces

Here's a poem a friend of mine wrote about her parent's divorce. It describes a lot of the same way I feel about some things that are going on in my life right now. I got her permission to put it on here, and I think it's definitely worth sharing. Took the pic on my iphone so it's a little blurry, but i thought it was cool. Hugs to all of you who read this! I hope you have had a good week, and if not, well, tomorrow's FRIDAY!!

Pieces:
There’re cracks in the façade I show to the world,
Screams shouting silently, yearning to be heard.
But I’ll play my role a bit longer.
There are shattered sharp splinters of broken-down heart,
Piercing through the costumes that keep them in the dark,
But I’ll stitch up the tears a bit longer.
There are tears running silently down the walls of my soul,
Longing for the day they burst forth, break a hole,
But I’ll bottle them in a bit longer.
There are words yet unspoken, lurking there in my core,
Waiting deep down inside, for the day they’ll spill out,
But I’ll keep them stored up a bit longer.
There are moments of sadness, of grief and of pain,
There’s no time to deal with them, to watch them spill down a drain,
So I’ll shore up the dam a bit longer.
There are tiny, twisted, terrors that peek through my eyes,
Trying to show the world I’m pretending, that it’s lies,
But I’ll blink so you miss it a bit longer.
There are nights wasted sleepless, unable to dream,
Circles beneath my eyes are not just what they seem,
But I’ll cover them up a bit longer.
There are days when the mask I wear slips from my face,
When I look as I feel, tired and failing in the race (to look okay),
But I’ll wear my mask a bit longer.
If there’s an end to this tunnel of darkness and hurt,
Where the pain should all stop and the words not seem curt,
But until then I’ll hurt a bit longer.
There’s a hope springs eternal, or so I’ve been told,
Where grace heals up the wounds that until then bleed cold,
But I’ll stop the bleeding in place a bit longer.
There’s a place where the scars of what’s happened so far,
Fade into the background and don’t show somehow,
But until I get there, they’ll show a bit longer.
There’s a time when this struggle will end in a draw,
When everyone’s lost and they’re at the literal last straw,
But I must not be there yet, it’s a bit longer
But to make it there, I must last a bit longer.
God is it close? I can’t do this much longer.
© Ananda M. Boardman 2010

1 comment:

  1. How Amazing I expecially like the line about how she feels like the mask that she where's on her face slips off a bit sometimes.That line shall stick with me for a long time because I know exactly what she means by it. I feel exactly what that line means alot of the time. AMAZING POEM. Please tell your friend that It needs to be published somewhere.

    ReplyDelete