Tuesday, July 6, 2010

In Deep Water

Dad took a vacation day from work today since I was home, and the family spent the majority of the afternoon in the pool again. We were throwing around this clear blue bouncy ball, and for some reason I got the urge to look underwater through it. The view totally rocked! I threw the ball to H and told her to check it out, and she decided it was worth trying to take a picture of S underwater through the ball. The photos came out really well. It was an interesting process of trying to hold ourselves underwater, not splashing so we wouldn't get H's camera wet, and trying to hold some sort of pose. While H, Dad, and I were taking pictures, S decided to make ranch burgers. These are hamburgers with ranch dressing kneaded into the beef, and are phenomenal. We had a great swim, all got sunburnt, and had a wonderful lunch sitting around the pool. I am really diggin' this vacation thing...

Here are some of the underwater pics. H took all of them, except the ones of her, which I took. She edited all of them, so all credit goes to her.





6 comments:

  1. Sounds cool. Love the pictures I just think they are freckin alsome. I love to swim as well so I like when it is summer time and I can do that. Glad that you had a good time with your family. Family and friends are most important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I definitley agree, and am loving spending time with my family since I don't get to see them often. Loved your post today, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are some really awesome photos. What a great idea. And those ranch burgers sound good. Even though I'm not a fan of ranch and I don't often eat burgers, those sound worth a try. :P I'm glad you're having so much fun. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Adrienne! I hope things are looking up in your corner of the world as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pics are FANTASTIC! You guys are real artists.
    xo B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy do we have you fooled, Barb! Nah, H is the real artist, I'm just a hobbyist, but it makes for a good time either way!

    Thanks for the props! :D

    ReplyDelete