Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Little Direction/Blog Maintenence

I've been giving a lot of thought lately to what I was trying to do with this blog. The reason I started it was simply to provide a place for the random thoughts that went through my head, particularly as I tried (and failed) to get some sleep. It's been about 2 months since I started writing, and have decided I wanted to do something with a little more direction and purpose to it. Since the subtitle of my blog is "Examining the tragedies and triumphs of life," I think I will do just that. What I'm proposing to do is a series of posts detailing either a triumph or a tragedy from each day (or both as my schedule allows). The triumphs and tragedies titles will be hyperbolous in nature (my 25 cents please!), so anything positive will be on the triumph side, and the negative on the tragedy side. Of course there will be overlaps, and we'll see what happens when we run across them. I'll keep a running log of the tragedies/triumphs on a page set aside for that purpose. There will still be some of the occasional random ruminations thrown in as they come to me. It may take me awhile to find my voice (so to speak), and this may prove to be completely dumb, but I'd like to give it a try and see what happens.

Special thanks to H for taking the photos on my new blog title logo, and for her help designing the new background/logo. She said they both fit my personality better than my old ones...whatever that means :)

I'd appreciate your patience (and continued readership!) as I try to work the bugs out of my new plan. As you have any triumphs/tragedies/anything-in-between of your own, pass 'em on, and I'll put 'em up as I can! Please hit me up with any questions/comments/advice/constructive criticism you have!!! (For negative feedback, please write your comments on your computer screen in permanent marker.) Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment