Saturday, July 17, 2010

Lazy Saturdays

Saturdays are normally catch-up time for me. I tend to let stuff go a bit during the week then clean and work on Saturday so I can relax on Sunday. Today, was the exception...I woke up planning to go on an early run, but thunder and lightning deterred that plan so I just went right back to bed and didn't get up till after noon. It was blissful. I apparently really needed to catch up on sleep more than on housework. When I did get up I was super hungry so I decided to make burgers. I am a carnivore, growing up on a cattle ranch made this almost certain, but I'm trying to be healthier. Yesterday I had finally gone grocery shopping, and I picked up some ground turkey for burgers, something I had sworn up and down I would never do. They actually came out really well. Way leaner than beef, and the taste was surprisingly not that different from beef. I think I'm going to switch to cooking with turkey and chicken instead of beef for awhile and see if it makes a difference. Trying really hard to make weight so I can get my paperwork with the National Guard started. I had to wait until 6 months before graduating to try to get into their Chaplain Candidate Program, but since I'm under that now, the only thing holding me back is the physical aspect. Anyway, that's why the choice of turkey burgers. I was in a baking mood after that so I decided to make butterscotch scotchies again. They are probably my favorite cookie right now, excepting the always favorite of oatmeal raisin. Since I'm on this healthy kick, I kept only the broken ones for myself and took all the good ones over to TC and JC. (I even put the softer, more undercooked ones on top for TC because they're his favorite.) JC then invited me to stay for dinner and punch so I just hung out with them for a bit. Like I've mentioned before, I just really treasure getting to spend time with them. They're such sweet folks, and I've enjoyed getting to know them better this summer. I just love these rare lazy Saturdays. They kinda sneak in once in a blue moon, and leave me refreshed and smiling. Now, to get to those darn dishes...

5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean.I am the other way around. I work through the week then on sat the only thing I do is cook, blog, excrise(Which I do every day of the week)and play guatair hero and of corse shop, and sometimes skate and swim. I could live in the water. Anyways good to see that you are trying to live better. I don't eat any meat so I ususally eat salads most of the time, that and potatoes.It is great that you are trying to get into the national guards. My brother is one of the officers that does the recuting back in the states, and he has been over sea's 2 and is getting ready to go for his 3 tour.Anyways,great post very nice.

    PS:I am not much into cookies with rasins in them, my faviorte is peanute butter, or choclate chip. They are always good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohhhh, Guitar Hero!! I can't wait till my friends get back from summer break so we can have guitar hero parties again :)

    Thanks for the great comment! I know what you mean about working through the week and wanting to relax...same here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah giutar hero is probably the best game out there. I love it. Which version do you play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love Rock Band 2, but I enjoy all of 'em. Wanting to get Beatles Rock Band next, but waiting to get it used at Game Stop. I try to get all my PS2 games used so I don't feel like I'm spending so much money on it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the same thing. I get the uses and they are just as good as new. I want the beatles rock band as well. I really do. That one should be really good. I am a college student who is living with her boyfriend in her own place. I can't afford new games so I get used from gamestop or EB games. I love it.

    PS: check out my two new post Money Money Money AND The land Of No Return I think you will like them.

    ReplyDelete